Re: DEP1: Clarifying policies and workflows for Non Maintainer Uploads (NMUs)

On Mon, 26 May 2008 11:45:12 +0200, Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> said:

> On 25/05/2008, Bas Wijnen wrote:
>> > Alternatively, I could have a script that understands dcut commands
>> > and only acts if it's signed by the owner of the package
>> > (maintainer or uploader).
>>
>> Actually, anybody at all (DD only, that is) is better than "owner
>> only" IMO.

> I beg to differ, there are many “owners” (as defined above) who are
> not developers. Maybe allowing that for “owners” and all developers
> might do the trick?

        Well, unless owners can upload directly to the archive, they
 should not be able to alter the (future) state of the archive by
 altering the delayed queues -- so, giving all DD's the ability sho9uld
 be enough. I mean, people can get their sponsors to use dcut, just like
 they use sponsors for dput.

        manoj
--
I don't remember it, but I have it written down.