Re: get off your ass

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 07:23:19PM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Apr 2008, Craig Witherspoon wrote:
> > If you do not start doing something realistic about the NVIDIA drivers
> > you are going to destroy your installed user base.
>
> If you want to help with the nvidia drivers, #438409, #443870, #44195,
> and others are all looking for people who can convince nvidia to fix
> the actual bugs, since none of us have the source code to these
> drivers.
>
> I'm sure the nvidia maintainers would love to see patches for all of
> those bugs.

On the other hand, people could contribute to the nouveau[0] project, which
does indeed have source code, and is making visible progress creating a set
of free drivers. We can whine about nvidia until armageddon, but why not be
productive instead?

Please note that when I say "contribute" I mean actually writing code and
not just talking about it or bothering the current developers, who seem to
have their hands full already just trying to do the hard work to bring
these drivers to fruition.

 - David Nusinow

[0] http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/