FOSDEM 2008 Debian dev room videos sneak preview

Hi,

for those of you who don't follow planet.debian.org this is a repost of
http://layer-acht.org/blog/debian/#1-153 :

Somehow the title of this blog post makes me think of a very long german word
and doesn't sound really english to me. But I guess you either already
noticed or don't care or both :-)

 So, whatever: right now the encoding batch of the high resolution theora
videos from the Debian dev room at FOSDEM [1] is running and the the low
resolution theora videos are being uploaded. Yay! These videos will become
available at the usual place [2] within the next hours.

 These are unedited videos as they were recorded to hard disk in Brussels. And
even like this they already look really great, thanks to dvswitch and the
slidegrabber and they also sound really good! IMHO ;-) (And for sure, the
high res ones are much better than the low res ones...) Out of fourteen
talks, ten will need simple post-processing: just cutting away something in
the beginning and at the end. The other four are a bit more complicated, as
I'll need to grab from tape and cut them together.

 And there is significantly more stuff I want and will blog about these
recordings and our setup in general, but this will have to wait. It's 1:42 AM
and I'm a bit tired :)

 So I'll just say "thank you all who made this possible" (you know who you are
and I don't "only" mean the volunteers listed on our event wiki page [3] but
all helpful people at FOSDEM) and have fun at (or watching the streams from)
the Linux Audio Conference [4]!

  [1] http://fosdem.org/2008/schedule/devroom/debian
  [2] http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2008/fosdem/
  [3] http://wiki.debian.org/FosdemVideo2008