Re: Bits from the DPL: FTP assistants, marketing team, init scripts, elections

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 9:59 AM, Marc Haber <mh+debian-project@zugschlus.de> wrote:
Probably, yes, if we finally elect a DPL who will not fall silent
after three months in his term.

That's what everybody sees, but no one knows for real, except for the DPL himself and cabal^Wpeople around him.

The way I see it is that around election time (and around a lot of other times sadly), Debian spends a lot of energy on useless flames and politics bullshit. Everybody thinks on the ways Debian could be changed (or gotten sexy) and improved and even some people refuse to keep on with the ideas even after losing the election, which is sad. IMHO, the DPL position should have less showcase and more time to get some real work done during time (say, two years, since the free software and the technology world changes drastically in short periods of time).

.oO( GR proposal? )

--
David Moreno - http://www.damog.net/
Yes, you can.