Re: Voting on messages: a way to resolve the mailing list problems

> To reiterate my point from IRC Friday, I don't think the described
> system is at all useful *unless* we agree on a means by which strong
> community disapproval of the poster's mails has consequences for
> that person's posting privileges. I think by this point, the people
> whose mails I disapprove of know it ;), so what's the benefit to me
> in spending time ranking their mails in a system that's advisory?

As I understand the original proposal posted here, one benefit is that
such expressions of disapproval are moved out of band. Another is that
they are automatically aggregated for reference.

--
 \     “If you're a horse, and someone gets on you, and falls off, and |
  `\      then gets right back on you, I think you should buck him off |