Re: i want to be a part of Debian community

On Sunday 21 December 2008 20:28:18 Okan Demir wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm an engineering student from Turkey. I started to use Debian (Etch)
> nearly one year ago. I think this period is enough to be a fan of
> Debian. From now on i'm a Debian user.
> But being a user, does not satisfy my Debian based computational life.
> Now i want to join Debian community and do jobs as a volunteer.
>
> Where to start, what to learn, how to help?

Thanks for your interest in joining Debian,

The official path is described at: http://www.debian.org/devel/join/
but if you really want to help improving the current health of Debian you will
probably want to start with the Bug Tracking System first:
http://www.debian.org/Bugs/ , especially the last section giving pointers to
release critical and still open bug reports. There is a lot of information,
so take your time to read it carefully ;-)

You can also find out a neglected package you intend to use at
http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/