Re: motivation (Re: It's all about trust)

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 08:28:23PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:

> a.) giving out access/rights, can be very _motivating_: I can tell
> from my own experience mostly or more clearly in Debian Edu than in
> Debian, that I do a lot of stuff in Debian Edu, because I was
> granted the rights which I needed to do these kinds even though I
> didnt need the rights.

I completely recognise that in my own work on some parts of Debian; I
feel much more motivated to do something if I can just commit the fix
to a VCS rather than file a bug-with-patch. Often, the reason I
technically can commit is very different than the work I do
(e.g. common SVN repo of a team where I take care only of some of the
team's packages, but I commit fixes when finding problems with other
packages I don't feel responsible for / a maintainer of).

--
Lionel