Re: call for seconds: on firmware

On Sat, Nov 15 2008, Adeodato Simó wrote:

> Peter Palfrader's proposal [1] explicitly said, and I quote:
>
>   | I'm hereby proposing the following general resolution.
>
> I don't think it's acceptable to bundle it up with the ongoing GR, since
> it was not proposed as an amendment to it.

        I have explained why I think all these proposals are related
 (they all affect releasing lenny  while kernels contain firmware blobs,
 and some of the solutions have effects that are more far reaching than
 others).  Since they are related, they belong on the same ballot --
 even if they were not all formally declared to be "amendments" of the
 original proposal.

        Our voting methods do not deal well with related options being
 on separate ballots.

        manoj
--
"Imitation is the sincerest form of television." The New Mighty Mouse