Re: Developer Status

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 05:33:19PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Joerg, this means that if we want to have a word to say about how
> the Debian project defines its members, we have to participate to
> this discussion *now*, or block it.
<snip>
> This is a situation that will not help to get the best out of the
> discussion. Won't you accept to postpone it to after the release?

Can we please stop this kind of arguments?

1) Once something like that gets posted, experience tells that there
   is no way to stop the discussion. Trying is pretty much useless.

2) It is not like we should stop doing *anything* until we release.
   I've joined the discussion and also signed up for the
   http://wiki.debian.org/BugSprint. Given that we are only 17 people
   listed there, maybe you should better advertise that page (or
   similar initiative) instead of asking people to not discuss
   something which is very interesting for our project.

Cheers.

--
Stefano Zacchiroli -*- PhD in Computer Science \ PostDoc @ Univ. Paris 7
Dietro un grande uomo c'è sempre /oo\ All one has to do is hit the right