Re: debian/copyright for files not part of the binary packages?

Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> writes:

> Documenting the copyright of all files in a machine-readable format
> can definitely help to make automated tests, but as Russ reminded,
> the most time consuming part of making a Debian package is to
> document the licence of the files.

Your interpretation of the information differs from mine then.

>From the information Russ gave, I would only conclude that documenting
the license of all the upstream files is the most time-consuming part
of *writing the copyright file*, without any statement of relation to
the whole effort of making the Debian package.

--
 \     “I was sad because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no |
  `\       feet. So I said, ‘Got any shoes you're not using?’” —Steven |