Re: Misc development news (#8)
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Misc development news (#8)
- From: Mohammed Adnène Trojette <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 02:04:55 +0200
- Message-id: <20080601000455.GB29012@diwi.org>
- In-reply-to: <20080531225024.GI30148@anguilla.noreply.org>
- References: <20080530185202.GE20197@ouaza.com> <20080531222122.GA10366@dario.dodds.net> <20080531225024.GI30148@anguilla.noreply.org>
On Sun, Jun 01, 2008, Peter Palfrader wrote:
> It's not development related tho. And most people really don't need to
It is developers related.
And http://lists.debian.org/devel.html reads:
debian-devel-announce: Announcements for developers
> know it. I suppose etc/motd will eventually be updated to point to it
What's the use if you can't manage to login?
> Well, you can't please all of them. Frankly, I think most of the posts
> to d-d-a have no place on that list in the first place. If it's the
> list DD are required to subscribe to we should try to also send stuff
> there that they *read*. I hardly read all of the posts sent there.
This is not a high traffic list. There is no spam on it. I personnally
do read at least the first lines.
> What's the number of affected DDs here? 10? 20?
Deleting or marking an email as read is easier than knowing that a
useful information has been sent on another mailing-list. And CC-ing dda
should do no serious harm, I guess.
> I think dia was the appropriate for that mail. The pointer in buxy's
> mail was also fine, tho I wouldn't have placed it quite as prominently.
dia was appropriate, for sure. But I would have appreciated to be
informed on dda.
Anyway, please keep up the great work as DSA. That is what really
Mohammed Adnène Trojette