Re: DEP1: Clarifying policies and workflows for Non Maintainer Uploads (NMUs)

On 31/05/08 at 04:25 -0700, Richard Hecker wrote:
> Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
>> Please, everybody, let's try to discuss patches to the DEP, rather than
>> general stuff about communication. (unless you want to reject the whole
>> DEP, but only Richard Hecker seems to want that)
>>

> In spite of my intention to not comment any further, I just cannot
> let this claim go unchallenged. You should reread everything I
> have posted (including my October 2008 emails) before you attempt
> to put words in my mouth. Again I point out that reality can be
> different from what you claim. I do not think consensus exists
> despite all your claims that it does.

I am sorry if I misinterpreted your mails, but your lack of willingness to
propose improvements to the proposal, and you constant rejections, led me
to thinking that you wanted to reject it as a whole. I am happy to be
wrong about that.

Now, if we could stop the personal attacks and work on improving the
proposal to reach consensus, that would be a lot more useful.