Re: DEP1: Clarifying policies and workflows for Non Maintainer?Uploads (NMUs)

On Friday 30 May 2008, Bas Wijnen wrote:
> But in the situation you mention above, I don't think there's anything
> wrong with actually preparing an NMU (except that you may be wasting
> time, but that's your own problem).  So no reasons are needed for it.

I find your argumentation rather weak, but to be honest I also don't really
care enough about this whole subject to discuss it further.

If anybody is ever going to NMU D-I components to DELAYED, I expect he will
get a direct reply with a request to remove his upload from the queue, but
we'll deal with that when it happens. The point of my mail was: D-I has a
sufficiently actively team, there should be no need ever to NMU any of its
packages. Doing so is indeed a waste of time.

Patches for open issue are of course most welcome.

Cheers,
FJP