Re: DEP licenses

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 01:51:33PM +0300, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> I'm not sure what would be the best practical license for DEPs, so I'm
> hesitant to recommend one at this point. Perhaps one of the Creative
> Commons ones? The current batch has some free ones, right?

If we really want to provide a default, an interesting one would be a
license which requires changing title/authorship upon changes, just to
distinguish the "official" DEP document from derivatives. I've no idea
if something free like that exists or not, but in principle it doesn't
look like that different from DFSG-free licenses requiring the
distribution in patch format (or maybe we can directly go for one of
them?).

Note that this is not a requirement, as the official DEP document will
always be available from dep.debian.net, but as a default it would make
sense.

Cheers.

zack@{upsilon.cc,cs.unibo.it,debian.org}  -<%>-  http://upsilon.cc/zack/