Re: the relative scale of disasters

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 01:23:26PM +1000, Helen Faulkner wrote:

> Don't the major world events this last week just put things like SSH
> insecurities into perspective as being just not that big of a deal...
>
> I hope that any DDs or other Debian contributers in Sichuan Province or Burma (I
> guess the former is more likely), and their families, are safe and well.
>
> I am sure that many Debian people would join me in offering condolences to those
> who have lost loved ones and sympathy to those who are worried about family and
> friends affected by these natural disasters.
>
> Helen

There are few people in existance who would have anything positive to
say about the human suffering being inflicted because of 'acts of God'.
Problems related to a computer which is a device relegated to people who
earn more one dollar a day are things which many of us have the leasure
to enjoy. I would certainly wish anyone afflicted by these numerous
horrors the best possible outcome.

|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|