Re: Updated Debian Developers Keyring

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 05:31:01PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Over the past few years (2005, 2006 and 2007 at least), there's been a
> keyring update during the DPL election period; this one's not long after
> that. It might likewise be correlated with the Ubuntu .04 releases.

A German would be inclined to say "Das hat ein Geschmäckle". I tend to
question what the DPL election and an Ubuntu release has to do with
creating new DDs.

The former may be interpreted as "they keyring manager doesn't want
the new DDs to vote in the DPL election", the latter as "the keyring
manager is too busy with his paid work to do his Debian duties", both
of which I'd see as a reason to fire the keyring manager.

Greetings
Marc

Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 3221 2323190