About "lcp-echo-interval"

Hi everyone,
I'm an italian user that can't go in internet quietly with Debian etch, because
I start connection and all is ok, but only for 5 minutes; then the
connection dead and I must reconnect...and this situation forever.
I have a "7 Mbps adsl contract" with Telecom Italia, and with Windows I go
on internet full time, without must reconnect.
Also with Debian I go very well on internet, but only for 5 minutes!

So I want to tell you to consider this problem, and to search a
solution for the next LENNY.

Tell me some news or rules about this problem.

Thank you very much.

Regards.