internet

Hi

I am experiencing problems with my connection to internet from HP compaq
6715s laptop.

It has a WLAN card (Broadcom)
lspci says after the installation (during which i was forced to choose
"no ethernet card"):

10:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom corporation Unknown device 1713
(rev 02)
30:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom corporation BCM4310 UART (rev 02)

problem is: When i try to pick a bcm43xx drivers during the installation
it tells me that it couldnt find any device (meaning the ethernet
card)... I would appreciate any info on how to make it work. I am also
willing to participate in finding the source of the problem. But i can't
figure it out on my own.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon
Best Regards
Jakub Daniel