Re: Bits from the DPL: FTP assistants, marketing team, init scripts, elections

also sprach Sam Hocevar <leader@debian.org> [2008.02.24.1316 +0100]:
>    I also would like to spend some Debian money on a contest, similar to
> the FreeBSD logo contest [2], to create a friendly mascot for the Debian
> project (in a similar way to the Linux penguin or the GNU gnu)

In the free software zoo, the Debian Swirl stands out like no other.
Do we need to have a mascot?

"geld ist das brecheisen der macht."
                                                 - friedrich nietzsche