Re: RFC: Introducing Debian Enhancement Proposals (DEPs)

Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Lars Wirzenius, Stefano Zacchiroli and myself are trying to introduce
> the concept of Debian Enhancement Proposals, which I had in mind for
> many months until purely by chance, in the Extremadura QA meeting last
> December, I brought it up to Lars, and together with Zack we produced an
> initial draft. After some feedback on that draft and some later work, we
> are now bringing it up for discussion here.

A minor comment: How about mandating that DEP documents must be licensed
under a free license?  It may be useful to be able to include DEPs into
the Debian distribution, as documentation, but if the license isn't
clear that isn't possible.  Further, I don't see any reason to permit
non-free DEP documents, or is there one?

Thoughts?

To be concrete, I would add the following sentence in the 'Creating a
DEP' section:

  Note in your DEP the license it is released under, it must be a
  DFSG-free license.

Of course, DEP0 would then need to follow that advice and note which
license the document is released under... :)

/Simon