Re: State Museum of Pennsylvania - Debian copyright infringement?

"Joe Smith" <unknown_kev_cat@hotmail.com> wrote:
> You are of course correct that trademarks are feild limited. However
> my understanding is that the courts also tend to take into account the
> likelyhood of confusion. [...]
> Similarly if somebody tries to sell just about any product
> using the current apple logo, they would likely
> recive an injunction. [...]

If using the current Apple logo, I agree.  However, many things sell
using the general image of a bitten apple.  For example, the Bite
discount card for UK transport station food http://www.bitecard.co.uk
I have no reason to suspect that its operator SSP has an Apple licence.

The State Museum of Pennsylvania is using *a* swirl, not debian's
particular swirl.  What trademark could we hold that would cover the
use of the State Museum of Pennsylvania?

Puzzled,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.