Re: db.debian.org (and related infrastructure) updates

On 30-12-2006 at 05:34 wrote Ryan Murray
in a message to the mailinglist debian-developer-announce:

> Here's some news on recent db.debian.org changes that are now available:
>
> The LDAP schema has been updated to include several new fields:
> 	* Date of Birth (developer-only visible)
> 	* Gender (world visible)
> 	* Mail disable message
> 	* Mail greylisting
> 	* Mail sender verification callouts
> 	* Mail whitelist
> 	* Mail RBL list
> 	* Mail RHSBL list
>
> The exim4 config has been updated to make use of these new fields,
> giving developers the ability to:
> 	* disable their @debian.org email address entirely
> 	  with a message of their choosing at SMTP reject time
> 	* specify a whitelist that will be immune to the newly added checks
> 	* enable greylisting and sender verification callouts
> 	* specify RBL and RHSBL lists to be checked at SMTP time
>
> The mail gateway, web scripts, and userdir-ldap command line interface
> have all been updated to deal with the new fields.
>
> Some developers who were causing backscatter on master.debian.org
> have had some of the features enabled already to match what they had
> attempted to configure on master.  Please remember that greylisting,
> RBLs, and sender verification callouts are all SMTP time defenses
> that only work when active on the first real mail host that accepts
> mail for a given email address.  Enabling them on a later host will
> just cause mail delay and backscatter between the later host and the
> initially accepting host, unless the initial host is whitelisted.
> Most of the mail delays and backlog on master over the past several
> months have been caused by people enabling greylisting or callouts
> without whitelisting master from the checks.
>
> To enable the new features, visit the login page at
> https://db.debian.org/login.html or send signed email to
> change@db.debian.org with something like this:
>
> birthDate: 20061225
> mailGreylisting: TRUE
> mailCallout: TRUE
> mailrbl sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org
> mailrbl ...
> mailrhsbl rhsrbl.example.org
> mailrhsbl ...
> mailwhitelist hostname/ip
> mailwhitelist ...

Did that information made it to some document?

If yes, to which one and what is it's URL?

In other words:
Where can one read more about it?

Cheers
Geert Stappers
not subscribed to -project, please CC me on replies.