Re: Planet policy?

On Sat, 04 Aug 2007 14:16:05 -0300, Otavio Salvador <otavio@debian.org> said:

> Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> writes:
>> Did we ever agree a policy about what's acceptable/reasonable for
>> blog feeds linked from planet.d.o? I'm very tempted to disable Ian
>> Murdock's Solaris propaganda, for example...
>>
>> Thoughts?

> I agree on disabling his blog since it has nothing related to Debian
> on it, anymore.

        Why are we concentrating on Ian? Why is no one complaining about
 Clint's blog, which far from having anything to do with Debian, is not
 actually related to anything in this universe, as far as I can tell?  Or
 any of a number of other people who are blogging about their lives, and
 often, Debian is a small portion of their lives (aka people with real
 lives)?

        If people want to read posting about technical issues or Debian
 itself, I suggest they subscribe to debian-devel@lists.debian.org.  The
 Planet exists to let us see into the lives of people important to
 Debian, not to be a monologue replacement of -devel.

        manoj
--
Eternity is a terrible thought.  I mean, where's it going to end? Tom
Stoppard