Re: Trademark misuse by gonicus?

On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 03:23:05PM +0200, Ingo Saitz wrote:
> Michael Schmitt "TCW" noted on IRCnet, that http://www.gonicus.de/ uses
> the Debian trademark in a phone number. Since this is similar to domain
> names, I think Debian should take some action.
>
> On http://www.gonicus.de/ in the lower right corner you can see an ad
> for the companys enterprise support hotline: 0800 4 DEBIAN:

You're allowed (by law) to use a trademark to refer to the product.
You're just not allowed to use it to refer to other products, eg to
mislead the public.

They seem to be offering support for Debian. We can't stop them using
the name Debian to refer to our product! Just like Coca-Cola can't stop
you using the name Coke to refer to their product.

Hamish