Re: Need of non-germany-tree in Debian?

Michelle Konzack wrote:
> The new german LAW is talking about Software which was build to hack
> sites.  "Security Software like nmap, nessus etc." are not build to
> do illegal hacking.  (Greetings from my Advocat from Offenburg)

But they could be used to prepare an attack. It talks about the software
and not the intention. That's the point.

The definition of the law is vague, so that it has to be judged to get
a "real" usable definition. Your lawyer should read the latest juritstic
comments on that law.

> The german Justice can not do anything if I use the tools to secure
> my network.

The text of this new law does not make this clear.

Greetings
MH