Re: soc-ctte discussion at DebConf7

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

       This might well be the case.  But I can see where an informed
electorate can make a different decision for party selection if they
keep cultural diversity in mind.  So the practical solution might be as
simple as adding a note to the charter of the soc ctte admonisng them
to be aware of these issues; and for the entity selecting members to
also be aware as well.

Would you be able and willing to provide such a note you have in mind?

       Me? I belong to the modern diaspora of migrants stuck between
diverse cultures, belonging perfectly to neither.  I think modern
migrants like me are often better at recognizing two vastly different,
and often opposed, but equally valid takes on issues that our social
and cultural sets take.

This sounds very reasonable.

       And no, you do not want me on your soc ctte.

Well, it's not me who wants anybody.  At first we need volunteers.
Than we will run a procedure to pick the final set from. It was just me who had a lightening (well - at least I thought it
was) chat with you. ;-)

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--