Re: soc-ctte discussion at DebConf7

Hi,

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007, MJ Ray wrote:
> No.  On that, I sympathise with Josip Rodin's views in
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2007/06/msg00244.html
> that it's not a role listmasters have been wanting or expecting.
> I think we need to do something else.  For example, list-admins.
>
> I do have grave concerns about installing an all-powerful soc-ctte
> that carries big sticks, while leaving vacuums at these lower levels.

I don't see why the soc-ctte wouldn't play at those lower levels. It's
been mentionned clearly that the committee members are expected to mail
privately people who are on a bad track. They won't ban people directly.

On the other hand, the soc-ctte members are probably following the major
mailing lists mainly, and I have no problems with the soc-ctte delegating
"list-admins" for other lists... they would warn in place of the soc-ctte
and refer to the soc-ctte if they believe that some action needs to be
taken.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog