Re: Range Voting - the simpler better alternative to Condorcetvoting

Barak A Pearlmutter <barak@cs.nuim.ie> writes:

> In the above analysis of the 2003 DPL election, Smith notes:

>   200 votes were rejected as invalid versus 510 accepted as valid,
>   even after 5 years of experience and the best software developers in
>   the world voting and programming

> He takes this as evidence that the voting system in use is not so easy
> for DDs as you speculate.

Given that almost all of the publicly reported problems with ballot
validity I've seen have been due to getting the PGP signing wrong rather
than with the ballot internals (something that would be just as much of an
issue with range voting), I find this conclusion highly dubious.