Re: Logo license?

Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> wrote: [...]
> However, while searching the website, I found that there appears to be
> no such "documented procedure". Of course it's possible that I missed
> something obvious (in which case I'd appreciate for people to point me
> to the bits I missed), but if that isn't the case, then I think we
> should actually go ahead and create such a "documented procedure".
>
> Comments?

I don't doubt the Official Use logo shouldn't be used for your slides
at present.  I think there's some value in having a documented
procedure for it to be used, but that should try to protect the
project against (for example) a past DPL candidate presenting their
platform as The Official Word Of Debian or similar.  But I'm not sure
whether it's worth the effort: most people recognise the Open Use logo.

What I'd really like is for people to do what they said and relicense
the Open Use logo under free terms.

Regards,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.