finding open-source friendly new hardware -- was Re: please

martin f krafft wrote:
<snippage>
The alternative is simply not to buy hardware whose manufacturers
don't cooperate. This is what I've been doing for the last 5 years
or so with great success.

Excellent advice. I've also been attempting to do the same (though I'm such a cheapskate I more often end up recycling rather than purchasing). But I wonder if you'd be willing to share the resources you use to make buying choices? Are there some manufacturers who deserve credit across the board? I find a lot of good anecdotal evidence at sites like tuxmobil.org but I'm just hoping others may have favorites that I'm not familiar with.

	be well,
		~c