Re: Social Committee proposal text (diff), updated

Josip Rodin <joy@entuzijast.net> writes:
> I see little to support the notion of a) preemptive action b) private
> interventions being something the community would instantly start preferring.

Maybe it should. In social disagreements the fastest way to resolve
problems is if the problem is privately resolved before it gets out of
hand. Let's face it, all of us want to save face in public, and if
we're given a public reprimand that hurts. If a delegate contacts us
privately and discusses our behaviour, we're much more likely to
accept the issues and try to modify them.

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *