Re: Don't feed the troll

On Mon, 04 Jun 2007, Patrick Frank wrote:
> On 6/4/07, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
> Dude. Slow down.
>
> I use Google Mail to do my mailing list conversations.
> The mails I quoted were all added to the thread I started.
>
> What a drama that I dont check every single mail header.

Quoting private email without permission from the other part is (almost all
the time) an unexcusable faux-pass.  Do Not Do It.  It is severely frowned
upon here, and it is one of the few things that will get you immediately on
nearly everybody's bad side.

Your misuse of a tool is not an excuse.  It is a reason to say "oops, sorry,
my mistake. I fixed my filters and the way I reply to gmail conversations
now and it won't happen again".

> I hope you never do any single mistake when you process
> E-Mails. Your customers or your co-workers might flame
> you for that.

And they would be correct to call your attention over something like this,
so what is your point?

  Henrique Holschuh