Re: Two GR concepts for dicussion

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 05:11:19PM +0200, Xavier Oswald wrote:
> On 18:37 Thu 31 May     , Anthony Towns wrote:
> > 	- minimal requirements: gpg keyring signed by either one or two
> > 	  developers, recommendation by a developer, use of existing
> > 	  fields such as "Maintainer:" and "Uploaders:" to control access,
> > 	  no provision for uploaders to do NMUs or upload NEW packages etc
> I think the use of an existing fields "Maintainer" should do the job
> but Im not in favour of "Uploaders". Im throught the NM process and
> member of the parted team so Im in the uploaders field. If I will have
> this kind of right, I could be able to upload a new version of parted
> and maybe then broke the d-i for exemple.

Well if you thought you might break something then presumably you
wouldn't upload.  But developers upload broken packages occasionally
too.  I don't think we should restrict this based on the possibility
that people will break something.

As a developer you have to try to exercise good judgement and as a
maintainer you would have to too.

--
Simon Huggins  \ "Emergency!  Emergency!  There's an emergency going on!"
                \ - Holly