Re: Jury (was Re: Two GR concepts for dicussion)

On Thu, May 31, 2007, Philippe Cloutier wrote:

> I don't like it at first read, but you may provide examples of
> situations where such a procedure could be useful. In particular, just
> determining "who's right" doesn't help much. As for determining what
> punishments are plausible, isn't this better done by a committee
> specialized in the Constitution?

   I'd prefer we didn't use the word "punishment", because punishing is
certainly not what Debian should do; Debian needs to protect itself from
threats, and this protection might mean expulsion, suspension or other
unfortunate measures, but they should always be means against future
harm rather than punishment for previous acts.

Regards,
--
Sam.