Re: Debian 4.0 finally arrives... does anyone care?

>http://www.linux-watch.com/news/NS5673962628.html
>
>Merely somebody who likes Fedora and (Open)SuSE better than Debian, or
>somebody who has a realistic view of the world?  While I'm personally happy
>to use etch, I might be a bit biased...
Well, he doesn't seem to have much of a clue about the Mozilla issues.

He wrote:
"But, OK, while this will mean that Debian's Mozilla programs will forever more
be not as up to date as all other distributions' versions,"

Actually, part of the reason for the change was that Mozilla was demanding prior
review of all changes including backported security fixes.  Debian's Mozilla
programs will probably be more up to date than all other distributions'
versions, apart from the usual "Debian stable is really old" thing.

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden@fastmail.fm>

Read it and weep.
http://rawstory.com/news/2005/Text_of_Gore_speech_0116.html