Re: ideas....

On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 15:34:23 +0100, John Watson
<jgw2001uk@googlemail.com> said:

> I agree with you to a limited extent, for example if you open yast it
> will overwrite the current settings with out warning, its complete
> bloatware and does not work nearly half the time. Again it would be
> nice to have a set of "fast" gui tools to do quick changes if
> required. I will go ahead with the project as a independent project
> however aimed for the Debian system. Any suggestions would be great.

        Make the tools policy compliant -- no user changes should be
 lost, including comments. Even if the changes were made by just using
 vi.  Secondly, do not expect that every confi file is ever going to
 change to one common config format.

        If that is done, then the gui tool might even be useful.

        manoj
--
You can't have everything.  Where would you put it? Steven Wright