Re: notable Debian contributions in 2006

Roberto C. Sánchez <roberto@connexer.com> wrote:

I do not have the unlimited time to waste with useless speudo
discussions. I am sorry, but this will be the last response to you
unless you start to open your mind to the reality.

For the same reason. this reply is shortened.

> > -	dozens of unfixed bugs in mkisofs.
> >
> Right.  People keep asking you to specify *which* bugs.  You provided a
> few: http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2007/03/msg02703.html
>
> Eduard's response: http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2007/03/msg02863.html

Are void.

> > > I see.  So the opinions of Sun *and* the FSF on the GPL and CDDL are
> > > misunderstood?  Who, pray tell, are we supposed to seek for a
> > > non-misunderstood opinion?  Yourself?
> >
> > Are you really unable to understand the problem?
> >
> > It makes no sense to quote text that is not related to what's done inside
> > cdrtools. If you like to be taken for serious, you should not quote text that
> > only applies to non-GPL code that has been derived from GPLd code.
> >
> Really?  I fail to see how it makes any difference if the GPL code
> sprang out of nothing or was derived from some other code?  That is like
> saying that GPL code that is someone's original creation is treated
> differently than GPL code which is derived from the Public Domain.  How
> can that be?

The GPL is known to be asymmetric (which is a problem) and even the founder
of Debian does not follow your strange ideas on interpreting the GPL.....

http://ianmurdock.com/?p=278

(see 3rd paragraph)

> > > By the way, did you miss the whole XFree86/X.Org fiasco?  If you choose
> >
> > You again demonstrate that you did missunderstood things.
> > Xfree did get into problems because it changed it's license to something less
> > free and completely unclear. Xorg did come up again because Sun did contribute
> > more money and human resources to Xorg, starting a few weeks before the Xfree
> > desaster.
> >
> I don't buy it.  The license change to XFree86 was committed on 13
> February 2004:
>
> http://cvsweb.xfree86.org/cvsweb/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/doc/sgml/LICENSE.sgml.diff?r1=1.23&r2=1.24&hideattic=0
> http://www.mail-archive.com/cvs-commit@xfree86.org/msg03271.html
>
> The X.Org Foundation was formed on 22 January 2004.  The XFree86
> disaster started long before either of those events.

You still ignore facts!

I was quoting one of the leading X.org members who is obviously better
informed than you.

Do you really believe that it was posible to obtain a single letter
top level domain name in 2004?

X.org has been founded around 1987.

Too much FUD from you, I need to stop replying here....

Jörg

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)