Re: Google SoC - Bug Triaging and Forwarding Tool

Em Ter, 2007-03-20 às 11:06 -0400, Joe Smith escreveu:
> "Gustavo R. Montesino" <grmontesino@gmail.com> wrote in message
> [🔎] 1174306360.5386.20.camel@pc-gustavo">news:[🔎] 1174306360.5386.20.camel@pc-gustavo...
>
> >Query BTS according to paramaters given by the user. It could filter
> >the bugs by maintaner, uploader, package, usertags, tags, etc. Display a
> >list with bug number, title and tags to the user.
>
> So I could query for all bugs with a specific tag (or usertag).
> I could query for bugs of a specific package.
> I could query for bugs of packages of a specific maintainer, that are grave
> severity, with a specific tag.
> etc?

Exactly.

> >My initial idea would be to implement this on a GTK user interface. The
> >code should be done in some way to facilitate reuse on creation of other
> >interfaces (curses?). Suggestions are very welcome.
>
> A combination commandline/curses interface (like aptitude) would work well
> IMHO.
> (I'm not opposed to a graphical interface, but a cammandline and/or curser
> inteface is very important to have.)

I see two main uses for such tool:

1. To help the maintainer keep his bugs under control
2. To make it easier for other persons to help on bug triaging.

As most of our big teams are under-staffed, I would like to work on the
second use case first. We can do a curses/cmdline/whatever interface
later IMHO, as long as we keep it in mind and keep interface and
"backend" separated.