Re: Developers vs Uploaders

"cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)" <cobaco@linux.be> wrote:
> [...] and that's not because I think I can't pass
> it, but simply because I'm not looking forward to starting a long,
> drawn-out process (average time to complete NM is what? 6 months to a
> year?)

According to https://nm.debian.org/ it's around 600 days now,
depending on your preferred average.  There are some strange numbers
in those statistics: 'Awaiting AM assignment' has a mode (most common
value) larger than the max and I can't see how that happened!

Please, everybody, check your facts before posting.  Many of us have
collected anecdotes about NM, but there is also some data.

Also, is fuller NM timing data available?

[...]
> - (I also seem to recall something about subcriptions to... was it lwn?)

Yes, hp donate LWN subs.  Thanks to them.
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2003/08/msg00019.html

Hope that helps,
Webmaster/web developer, statistician, sysadmin, online shop maker,
developer of koha, debian, gobo, gnustep, various mail and web s/w.
Workers co-op @ Weston-super-Mare, Somerset http://www.ttllp.co.uk/