Re: Developers vs Uploaders

On mer, 2007-03-14 at 20:50 +0100, Bastian Venthur wrote:
> My first thought: do we really need this new class of contributors? I
> mean how many people do you currently know fitting in this category
> (don't like to become DD just maintainers). I guess there will be
> some,
> but I think the amount of people should be high enough to legitimate
> such a big change in our infrastructure.

Maybe people in the NM queue? I don't want to be all personal, but I'm
getting tired of being stuck there, where I can't be fully efficient on
my work as a maintainer.

> My second thought: Should we really allow anonymous people to upload
> packages? Shouldn't they at least prove that they are who they claim
> be (via gpg-key singed by an existing DD)?

I second that, but I guess it's easily doable.

> What is our current NM-process for? Especially all those tests you
> have
> to go through. Is it just for the right to vote and the access to our
> machines?

Maybe linking those two classes ? Authorizing people which are currently
at T&S or something like that ?

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis