Re: Poll on the wiki (was About terminology for stable/testing/unstable)

Jeroen van Wolffelaar a écrit :

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 03:28:41PM -0500, Philippe Cloutier wrote:
Christian chose suite before I posted ""suite" vs "branch"". From an IRC discussion we had later, he was ambivalent between the two terms.

Pierre Habouzit a écrit :
 IOW: We just don't need to bring this up _again_.

Yet "more discussion" is currently equal with "suite" on the poll. So please vote, rather than $PICK_YOUR_JARGON_TERM.

Voting is a pretty poor way to determine proper terminology.
Allright. I'll take the first preference, mine, and attempt to convince maintainers that it's right since it didn't involve voting.

Fwiw, dak has always used 'suite', and speaking for myself, I'm
disinclined to change terminology unless there's pretty good reason why
to do so.

Anyway, I fully agree with Pierre in this; how about fixing some RC
bugs?

Like which one? I checked the list of non-pending, non-patched and non-"new" RC bugs and found these:
libkwiki-perl #411027. Not interested, should probably be removed.
jasper #413041. Upstream security bug that should affect stable. Not actually RC.
mozilla-tabextensions #412314. Not interested, should be removed.
redhat-cluster #412862 / #411787. Not interested, should probably be removed. zope-cachefu #411093 and zope3 #411472. Not interested. Unfortunate, but may be removed, so not actually RC.

That only leaves openbsd-inetd, with which I may try helping, although I don't use inetd so I'm not best placed.