Re: Why is there only self-nomination?

Clint Adams <schizo@debian.org> wrote:
> > Personally, I think the idea of a DD having to ack his nomination, though only
> > after being nominated by some (Q?) fellow DDs would be better than a plain
> > self-nomination. What do others think?
>
> Sounds better to me.

I'm not sure.  Wouldn't it inevitably lead to campaigning for
nominations before the campaigning period?

Even so, I reckon at least three candidates campaigned early this
year, so maybe it's time to rethink the campaigning period.  The more
zealous politicians run amok already because it isn't enforced.  Is it
time to run up the white flag and admit the project has politicking
and various popularity contests 24-7-365?

Regards,
--
MJR/slef