Re: something related to the soc-ctte

On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 12:54:35PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Kevin Mark <kevin.mark@verizon.net> wrote:
> > My example of an entry would be like this:
> > joe user    : you flamed me!
> > peter hacker: oh. I'm sorry, I didn't mean it.
> > joe user    : thanks.
> [...]
>
> But if they did mean it, line 2 could be "yes. here's why you deserved
> it" which almost no-one will ever accept.  Why prolong the flames?

Hi MJR,
at this point you would have someone who was flamed and someone who
meant to flame them. This would be a clear statement about the flamer.
What is Debians' wishes? To tolerate flamers -- never, sometimes, often,
always. As opposed to having people who interact with Debian Developers
feel respected as members of the community? The current atmostphere
allowed 2006 to have some DD's express wishes to reduce involvment, say
things are 'less fun' or all-out leave the project.
cheers,
Kev
|   my keysever: subkeys.pgp.net |     my NPO: cfsg.org         |