Re: Social Committee proposal

On 1/25/07, Josip Rodin <joy@entuzijast.net> wrote:
Hi,

This idea arose from a discussion on the -private mailing list.
Andreas Tille, Gustavo Franco, Manoj Srivastava and Gunnar Wolf all
commented fairly positively on a vague idea of having a social committee
(soc-ctte), different from the technical committee (tech-ctte).
I'm citing their names simply to avoid an issues with taking credit.

Hi Josip,

I don't see a soc-ctte as a problem, if we define how such a committee
will act to solve some of our problems though. We need some thing like
committee use cases, not just an vague idea. Unfortunately, i can see
that some people here into this thread try to spread FUD just based on
the idea. Those could get their volunteer asses and do something more
useful and let us discuss if the soc-ctte use cases we came up with
are worthy.

Closing, before any soc-ctte that i hope can help us solve a set of
our problems, we need changes the way tech-ctte actually works. I will
elaborate more in the near future and avoid debate with those that
came up here to say "nothing needs to be changed into Debian",
"nothing needs to be changed into tech-ctte", "what's wrong (we're
doing great in the tech and social sides, that's the dreamland!) ?".

(...)

regards,
-- stratus
http://stratusandtheswirl.blogspot.com