Re: Please appoint one new person to the DSA Team

On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 04:06:56PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Martin, Branden and myself have all been trying to address the original
> issue as DPL

So it's taking three mandates, three years, and it can't be done? Why not?

How can the DPL not get something done by his delegates?

What purpose does our constitution serve if we can have people ignoring it
for years with no penalty whatsoever?!

> messages like the one beginning this thread don't help,

Perhaps I agree with the *concrete* example, where one intricate problem was
cited as the sole reason for a change.

However, if there is also any implication that that complaints in general
don't help, and I infer that from the whole context, then I'll have to
repeat what I wrote before: that is a defeatist attitude, and the
*wrong* attitude in the organization that has a thousand members.
It's just untenable!

> It would also be helpful if there were people who are able to commit time
> to do significant but boring tasks to help DSA, expecting neither praise,
> acknowledgement or, most importantly, any additional rights/priveleges in
> return. If that's you please mail me privately, probably at leader@d.o.

Doing anything in private conversations kills any transparency that
we might have hoped to have, and will ultimately not fix the problem.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.