Re: Small changes for removal log and .debs containing bzip2 data tarballs

On 11240 March 1977, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

> The second is a change to the removal log[1] which got unusable
> large. Its not nice if you have to download a 5MB textfile if you want
> to find out the reason for a removal...
> I split the file into pieces, now there are seperate files per year,
> with [1] always having the currently running year in it (ie. 2007 now,
> 2008 soon), and all other years available behind a URL like in [2].
> The webpage http://ftp-master.debian.org/ also got links to the splitted
> files.

Now, for those that sometimes do need the full log there is an
additional file provided, http://ftp-master.debian.org/removals-full.txt

That file is generated once a day, so in case we just did a removal it
might take a bit until it appears there - use the smaller
http://ftp-master.debian.org/removals.txt to see instant information.

--
bye Joerg
[Talking about Social Contract]: