Re: Updated Debian Maintainers Keyring

Steve McIntyre wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 06:55:05PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
>> * Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> [2007-11-23 17:17]:
>>> With the upload of debian-maintainers version 1.3, the following
>>> changes to the keyring have been made:
>>>
>>> dm:kartik.mistry@gmail.com
>>>     Full name: Kartik Mistry
>> I don't know if that was such a good idea, see #452464
>
> Wow, the linhdd package is *special*. Based on initial analysis of
> this package, please remove:

Hi,

linHDD is special, really. I'm talking to upstream regarding this issue.
It contains source of util-linux and fdisk.

After analyse, I realise that Its better to remove this package rather
than having copy of second fdisk with modifications.

..

>  * the package itself

I am doing RM request.

>   "linhdd also has binary called 'abs_fdisk' which is used for linhdd
>    working correctly. util-linux is provided for its source.
>
>   "To save archive space, the package is set to Architecture:
>    all. Please do not report this as a bug on the mentioned
>    architectures."
>
>  * a lintian.override file to suppress errors about it
>
>  * "changed" source files that claim to be used in fdisk and abs_fdisk

Between 0.3 and 0.4 the upstream used this wired way, and there is my
fault also.

> I expect a *much* higher standard of packages in our archive, and I
> hope I'm not alone here.

Sure.

--
 Cheers,
 Kartik Mistry | GPG: 0xD1028C8D | IRC: kart_

Yow!  Am I having fun yet?