Re: lack of manpower != inability to accept more (Re: infrastructure team rules)

On Sat, Oct 20, 2007 at 04:30:42PM -0400, Philippe Cloutier wrote:
> >Judging by history, I don't think our current approach is exactly
> >flourishing. We've mentioned sysadmins, list admins, web admins, all of
> >those had breakages. We haven't mentioned bug admins, ftp admins, docs
> >admins, key admins, account admins, but all of them had fairly major
> >issues too. It's hard for me to recall any other major infrastructure
> >team in Debian where I can point and say that they have always functioned
> >fine, i.e. they only had technical issues (rather than manpower issues).
> Many teams lack manpower, but there are several reasons for that. Often,
> it's a real lack of manpower. In some cases, it can be that the team is
> unable to accept help offers, but I suppose this is a minority of cases.
>
> I share Lucas's concern that the number of teams in the second case may
> not be worth a GR. I recommend to start by finding at least two teams in
> this case and trying investigate what happened to these teams.

I was a bit dazzled by what I read there, but then I went to check whether
you had the opportunity to see the history I'm talking about. It appears
that you aren't a DD, and a cursory Google search doesn't show activity
from over three years ago. It would probably make a difference if you were
able to see things from my point of view.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.