Re: infrastructure team rules (second edit)

Moritz Muehlenhoff <jmm@inutil.org> wrote:
> Clint Adams wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 10:50:29PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> >> * Infrastructure teams have to decide to accept or reject candidates who
> >>   nominated themselves. The basic requirements are:
> >
> > Why should teams decide on their own membership?  I don't think this
> > should be allowed.
>
> What's the alternative? Letting anyone in who wants, even if the
> rest of the team distrusts them?

That's a false dichotomy.  There are other models besides open
membership and self-perpetuation.  Even if I think conditional open
membership would do the project a lot of good, another obvious model
for debian is to allow both self-perpetuation and appointees by an
oversight group - tech-ctte perhaps?

I think I've spotted another problem with the "second edit" - does it
fail if all members of a team become idle simultaneously?  Should
there be a default of accepting a new member if the team doesn't
decide?

Hope that helps,