Re: Re: Frequency and reasons for team breakage (Re: infrastructure team rules)

On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 01:32:31AM -0400, Philippe Cloutier wrote:
> I don't understand what you mean. Like many, I know that there are
> several "problematic" teams in Debian due to manpower issues. What I
> asked is how many teams are broken beyond repair...to the point that new
> manpower can't help because the team doesn't treat offers of help. Did
> you mean that you consider recruitment issues to be simply a result of
> general lack of manpower?
>
> If not, which teams do you estimate are "broken beyond repair", i.e. so
> much that your proposition could help fixing them?

Your premise is flawed. You don't go fixing things that are not broken,
but you also don't wait with fixing things until they are already so broken
that they are "beyond repair".

An infrastructure team can be completely functional without any thought
about manpower, if several people are working on problems and handling
everything all right - today. But if nobody ever pays any attention to how
the team is going to look in a few years time, there's a clear risk of
having problems with that later.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.